There are many types and sizes of printing paper. Sometimes it gets a little complicated, when deciding for the right paper for printing, for various purposes.
Today we are going to discuss the most popular ones in this article and which paper is used for which objective.
- Bond Paper: Bond paper is one of the strongest and most durable paper. It is made up of rag pulp. Bond paper is usually used in offices as letterheads, envelops, business forms and for reports made by laser printers and inkjet printers. It is also suitable and appropriate for desktop printers, electronic printers and copiers.
Bond paper is rigid, has eras-ability and good absorption. Its basic size is 17” X 22” and has basis paper weight of 20 pounds. It also comes in variety of sizes and weights. It is also found in legal size of 8.5” X 14”.
The most common and famous size is 8.5” X 11”, for the standard letter.
- Inkjet Paper: It is specifically designed for inkjet printers. Inkjet paper has further forms of paper.
A frequently asked question on Google is; what is the name of paper used to print photos? Or we can put it in exact words used n search engines search bars, that is; “photo printing paper name”
Well that is Inkjet paper. Photo paper is the type of inkjet paper used for printing on photos. It is a coated paper and bright white due to bleaching, Photo paper is usually available in glossy photo paper, semi-matte, semi-gloss, silk, and matte finish.
- Parchment Paper. The paper used to print certificates or other documents similar to this is parchment paper. It is uncoated bond. it can be achieved from copiers, inkjet and laser printers. Digital Printing on uncoated paper is cost effective.
Parchment paper is available in different sizes for example;
8.5” X 11
8.5” X 14”
11” X 4”
- Kraft paper: Kraft paper is prepared from chemical pulp in the kraft process, hence the name. Kraft process produces stronger pulp.
This pulp is darker than any other pulp, which isn’t a problem because it could be bleached to make it white. Kraft paper printing on laser or inkjet printers is a bad idea. Use desktop printer for brown kraft paper.
- Card stock Paper: This type of paper is notably thicker than other type of printing papers. Its durability makes it a strong contender for business card printing. It could be passed around without hassle and fear of it tearing.
- Matte Paper: Matte paper, as the name suggests is opposite to gloss paper. It doesn’t glare and are therefore great for leaflets and flyers. It is also the best possible paper option for daily printing tasks. Due to the fact it has quick drying time because it is finished with white coating, it is best suited for documents that are needed quickly.
- Silk Paper: The transitioning of Matte and gloss is silk paper.it has smooth silky touch without a glare and is used for the covers of catalogues, magazines and books.
- Laser Printer Paper: This paper is great for business use, as it is great for printing cheques, mailing labels and other such documents.
- Recycled Paper. The last but not one bit the least is the recycled paper. it is our favorite kind of paper because it is environment friendly paper.
No need of cutting defenseless trees to make this paper. All paper mills in Pakistan should opt for recycling.
Printing Paper size
The following table showcases some of the Printing Paper used and which ones are the most adequate ones to use.
|Paper size||Width and height (in)|
|A0||33.1 X 46.8|
|A1||23.4 x 33.1|
|A2||16.5 x 23.4|
|A3||11.7 x 16.5|
|A4||8.3 x 11.7|
|A5||8.3 x 11.7|
|A6||4.1 x 5.8|
|A7||2.9 x 4.1|
|A8||2.0 x 2.9|
|A9||1.5 x 2.0|
|A10||1.0 x 1.5|
Below is a drawing to help you understand the printing paper sizes.